Safe Working In A Confined Space
RIIOHS202A - Enter and Work in confined Spaces
RIIRIS201B - Conduct Local Risk Control
With both theory and practical training, this course will provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills required to safely work in confined spaces as per AS/NZS 2865:2009.
There are no prerequisites for these units
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements
This unit requires the ability to interpret any permits or other documentation associated with the wearing of breathing apparatus for the job.
Writing is required to the level of completing required workplace reports.
Numeracy is required to enable the determination of the available working time from a breathing apparatus set and similar activities.
- Course introduction and enrolment
- Reference documents / legislation
- How to identify a Confined Space as per AS/NZS 2865:2009
- Risk management concepts / risk assessments
- Hierarchy of hazard control
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Monitor hazardous atmospheres (gas detection)
- Workplace exposure standards
- Use of fall prevention equipment
- First aid appreciation
- Fire protection awareness
- Emergency procedures
- Entry permits
- Breathing apparatus use
- Practical exercises performed
- Assessment of students’ competence
Upon successful completion participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment
The training is conducted at Workplace Training Centre located at Arndell Park.
Training can also be conducted on site with the following requirements:
- Suitable training room equipped with tables, chairs and whiteboard
- All confined space equipment including gas detection instruments and Breathing Apparatus as used on site
- Suitable Confined Space scenario for practical exercises
Fees and charges
The course is $550.00 per person (GST exempt) and includes all course material.
Where Workplace Training Centre receives sufficient notice of cancellation (at least 48 hours) a refund of fees may be available.
Cancellations within 48 hours may incur a 20% cancellation fee.
No refund is given for non attendance or cancellation on day of training.
More information can be found on our website or a hard copy can be obtained from the office.
For group training or onsite training rates please phone 02 9622 6060
EFT, Credit Card or Cheque prior to training day.
To enrol or for more information contact us on:
Phone: 02 9622 6060
Address: Unit 12 / 70 Holbeche Road Arndell Park NSW 2148
ABN: 24 127 418 106
RTO ID: 91390
Confined Space RII2012.4.pdf
Please scroll down for scheduled training dates. To book, click on your preferred date.