Photo Licence FAQ's
During the course of our day we tend to be asked a number of recurring questions. To make things simpler we have listed them below and over time we will be adding additional questions.
In the meantime if there is something that you would like to know about please don't hesitate to call us on (02) 9622 6060 or click on the icon to email us
How much does a National Certificate of Competency (NCOC) photo licence cost?
As at 1 September 2006, WorkCover fees are:
- new application fee – $65 per class
- renewal application fee – $60 per card
- replacement application fee – $60 per card.
How long is my NCOC photo licence valid for?
NCOC photo licences are valid for five years from the date of issue. Additional classes may be added to your card at any time upon payment of the relevant fee, however the original expiry date will not change.
Where do I lodge my NCOC photo licence application?
Individuals issued a Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (NSA) from a WorkCover accredited assessor on or after 4 September 2006 must lodge their application at any Australia Post Bank@Post outlet in NSW or the ACT.
Where is my nearest Australia Post Bank@Post outlet?
Locations of Bank@Post outlets may be obtained by calling Australia Post on 13 13 18, or visit www.auspost.com.au/pol/.
What must I have to apply for a new NCOC photo licence at Australia Post?
You must have:
- National Certificate of Competency (licence) – New application form (N1)
- NSA issued within the previous 60 days
- Evidence of identity documentation (originals only) that total at least 100 points, as specified on the application form
- Passport-size, quality, colour photograph with your name and date of birth printed on the back
- All NSW-issued NCOC cards held in your name or a letter of authority from WorkCover if your NCOC cards are lost, stolen, damaged or in a previous name.
- Application fee – $65 per class
Will Australia Post accept my application if my NSA was issued more than 60 days ago?
No. NSAs are only valid for 60 days from the date of issue. You will need to contact a WorkCover accredited assessor for reassessment. A new NSA will then be issued.
What documents can I use to prove my identity?
Details about acceptable evidence of identity documents are contained in the application guidelines provided by your assessor and in the evidence of identity fact sheet.
How do I change my name on my NCOC licence?
Contact WorkCover on 13 10 50 for details about changing your name on WorkCover-issued licences.
How do I obtain a replacement licence if it is lost, stolen or damaged?
Contact WorkCover on 13 10 50.
Where do I get a NCOC application form?
Your assessor will issue you an application form. Photocopies cannot be submitted.
How long will it take to receive my NCOC photo licence?
Allow 20 working days after lodging your application with Australia Post.