This workplace safety representative training course meets the requirements for elected HSRs and deputy HSRs under the Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Act 2011.
HSRs provide an effective way for the persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) to meet their obligation to consult with workers on work health and safety matters.
Participants will gain an understanding of their role and powers and attain the necessary skills to meet the requirements of the WHS Act for elected Health and Safety Representatives.
Who Should Attend Workplace Health and Safety Training?
This course for workplace health and safety in Sydney should be attended by elected HSRs, new WHS committee members and WHS representatives who have requested approved training under the WHS Act to assist them in performing their role and using their powers under the WHS Act. A HSR is entitled to choose & attend an approved 5 day course & be allowed to attend within a 3 month period at PCBU expense.
- Introduction and the NSW Legislation
- Consultation, Workgroups, Election procedures, HSR Roles and responsibilities and Roles and responsibilities of Health Safety Committees
- Effective Consultation, Communication skills, Record Keeping, Investigating skills, Issue resolution, Negotiation and conflict resolution skills, risk management techniques
- Workplace Inspections, Report writing, incident investigation and reporting
- Issuing of PIN notices, Order to stop unsafe work.
Following successful completion of this course each participant will be issued with a WorkCover NSW approved certificate. This enables participants to assist with the implementation and monitoring of Workplace Health and Safety Systems at their place of work.
Course is conducted over five days (WorkCover requirement)
This course can be delivered on our premises or on site with a suitable training room equipped with tables, chairs and whiteboard
Proof of Identity is required. This will include photo, address and signature
Cost: $650.00 per participant. This course is GST exempt.
Bookings can be made through the website www.wptc.com.au or by phoning: 9622 6060
Download course brochure - Workcover WHS rep flyer V2012.1.pdf
Please check with office on 02 9622 6060 for upcoming dates