Work Safely At Heights- RIIWHS204DCourse Overview
This nationally recognised unit of competence from the Resources and Infrastructure training package RII2019 is suitable for those who are working at heights in Sydney, and is suitable for those from various industries. The participant through a combination of theory and practical will gain the necessary skill and knowledge to work safely in a broad range of situations using the various types of fall protection equipment. This unit of competence is aligned with the AS1891 with clear focus on compliance with the current codes of practice. It is also a great work at heights refresher course.
There are no prerequisites for the unit on safe working at heights.
Participants will need to have adequate English language and literacy skills to be able to participate fully in the working safely at heights training.
- Course introduction
- Reference documents / legislation
- Statistics of working at height
- Energy absorbers
- Harnesses – inspection, fitting & use
- Fall arrest devices
- Roles and responsibilities of key personnel
- Risk management
- Fall prevention methods & options
- Estimating fall distances / clearances
- Emergency procedures
- Anchor point requirements
- General safety points
- Use of ladders
- Service & inspection requirements
- Practical exercises
Participants will gain the following knowledge and skills on completion of the workplace heights safety course
· Identifying the work requirements
· Work procedures and instructions for the task
· Accessing and installing equipment
· Performing work at heights
· Cleaning up the work area
Upon successful completion of the course, each student will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Training is conducted at Workplace Training Centre facilities located in Arndell Park NSW.
Training can also be conducted onsite with the following requirements;
· Suitable training room with tables, chairs and whiteboard
· Suitable working at heights scenario for practical exercises
Fees and charges
The course is $270.00 per person (GST exempt) and includes all course material.
A re -issue of Statement of Attainment certificates will incur a fee of $30.